Preserving the legacy of Rev. Nash
The Michigan Street Preservation Corporation (MSPC) is helping to spearhead efforts to redevelop and restore the historic neighborhood around the Nash House, which includes the Michigan Street Baptist Church (built in 1845), the site of the former Little Harlem Supper Club, the Colored Musicians Club, and the numerous dwellings that made up the once thriving community. Through the generosity of the City of Buffalo, the County of Erie, the State of New York and a number of other benefactors, the Nash House was restored and opened as the Nash House Museum in May 2007, providing a snapshot of life in the early 1900’s on Buffalo’s East Side and a glimpse into the life of one of Western New York’s most influential African-American leaders.
The overall Michigan Street Preservation Corporation’s plan was coordinated by George K. Arthur (1933 - 2020) and the members of the MSPC Board of Director’s. George K. Arthur was a longtime advocate for community development and retired former President of the Buffalo Common Council.
Board of Directors
Sharon Holley, President
Lloyd Morse, Vice President
Richard Daniels, Treasurer
Aletia Knighter, Secretary